Internationally educated technology professionals
Graduates of a technology, science or engineering diploma or degree program offered by educational institutions outside Canada and have a minimum of two years work experience in a technology or engineering-related occupation are eligible to apply for certification.
International applicants requirements checklist
Scan and save in PDF format the following documents to be uploaded with your online application:
- Status in Canada: citizen or permanent resident or an applicant for a visa to immigrate to Canada;
- A transcript of grades showing you graduated from a diploma or degree program in technology or science or engineering;
- A curriculum vitae or resume that includes you employment history;
- A job description for your current or most recent employment in a technology-related occupation.
You will also be required to provide the names and e-mail addresses of a minimum of 3 people who can provide a reference of your technical competence. When you submit your application you will need to pay the non-refundable application fee. Further information on the application requirements is available as you progress through the application process.
- Any documents in a language other than English or French require an official translation at your cost.
- The transcript of your education qualification(s) must be verified by a foreign credential evaluation service in Canada. Further information is available in the application process.
- When your application is submitted, you will be notified of the requirement to complete a professional practice and ethics online study module and examination.
- Although your application may be processed prior to arriving in Canada, it is only upon arrival in Canada that your certification and registration as a technician, technologist or technical specialist may be granted.