Graduates of applied science or engineering technology programs offered at Canadian colleges, institutes of technology, polytechnics and universities are eligible to apply for certification and registration as a technician, technologist or technical specialist.
Recent graduates with little or no work experience may be registered as trainees.
Canadian Educated Requirements checklist
Status in Canada: Any one of the following.
- Canadian citizen
- Permanent resident
- Immigration visa applicant
- Work permit holder
Education (any one of the following)
- Graduation from a one or two-year post-secondary technology certificate program
- Graduation from a two or three-year post secondary technology diploma program
- Two-years work experience in an applied science or engineering technology occupation
- An applicant with less than the required work experience may be registered as a trainee.
There are a lot of reasons to be certified - what you need to know to accelerate your technology career
Take our short and interactive quix to check your elibility to apply for technology certification
A checklist of documents and references you need in order to apply for certification
Go to requirements
Started an application, but haven't submitted it? Check your account to see outstanding items.
Go to my account
Reapply for certification
Reclassifications, reinstatement or transfer must be done via provincial assoiciations.
Go to provinces