Graduates of applied science or engineering technology programs offered at Canadian colleges, institutes of technology, polytechnics and universities are eligible to apply for certification and registration as a technician, technologist or technical specialist.
Recent graduates with little or no work experience may be registered as trainees.
Canadian Educated Requirements checklist
Status in Canada: Any one of the following.
- Canadian citizen
- Permanent resident
- Immigration visa applicant
- Work permit holder
Education (any one of the following)
- Graduation from a one or two-year post-secondary technology certificate program
- Graduation from a two or three-year post secondary technology diploma program
- Two-years work experience in an applied science or engineering technology occupation
- An applicant with less than the required work experience may be registered as a trainee.